Monday, March 14, 2005

Gotta love the thriftshop!

When we first moved here to Spindale in January, one of the first things I did was to find the local thriftshops. Over the years, I've found some great stuff at thriftshops, junk stores, re-sale shops, etc.

The baby has outgrown a lot of his clothes, so I've been rebuilding his wardrobe....and looking for craft goodies at the same time. I go about once a week, and have a great time. Here's a couple pictures of some things I got on my last two thrift outings:





I found some great thread on both trips. I think it is actually serger machine thread, but I've used it for thread crochet many times. I got a huge bag full of autumn colored thread today for 50 cents. And last week I got the pretty blue and deep pink cones for $1 apiece.

Not to mention the wonderful baby clothes I have been finding -- some still had store tags on them. And I have bought several cookbooks, a Dr. Dobson perpetual calendar on children and family, a wonderful Christian women's devotional book and workbook, and several great mystery books. I also found two really neat Christmas cross-stitch pattern books.

Both trips together, I spent a total of $11.

Gotta love a bargain!!!

TTFN!
Juli