Saturday, March 05, 2005

Old, New and Cool!!

I've been terribly neglecting my blog this week. Just having one of those weeks where I can't find enough time to get everything done I want to do. Finally getting some computer time today!

THE OLD



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I went by the thrift shop this week, and found a great old magazine from 1976. I had to smile at all the old Bicentennial ads. :o) I got the magazine for a quarter, and its full of crochet and knit sweater patterns. I will definitely put it to use. The old style sweaters, hats and scarves have definitely come back into fashion.

THE NEW

My order from Handy Hands Tatting was delivered on Friday.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I sat down last night after the baby went to bed and tried it out with some fingering yarn and an #03 needle. After I got the hang of it, it was easy. Took me a couple tries to hold the yarn against the needle and do the loops around my index finger correctly. I will try with #10 thread tonight.

Want to learn needle tatting, or other fiber arts/crafts?? The HOW TO site has links to tutorials for all sorts of crafts. There's a huge range of topics from basics like knitting and crochet to how to do Celtic Knotwork and weaving. Check it out!

THE COOL

I had a bad morning on Friday. But the postman made my day. Not only did I get my tatting supplies, but I got a Crochetville Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) puffy. A sweetie pie from Crochetville (you know who you are) sent me a beautiful beaded book thong and some handmade stitch markers. I love them!! Thank you so much!!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And, I thought I'd post an updated picture of our new puppy Max. Hubby gave him to me and the kids as a Valentine's Day present. He's growing like a weed. He has found his favorite place to nap:



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



The baby and the puppy are both rapidly outgrowing the bouncer seat. :o))

TTFN!!!!
Juli