Saturday, August 20, 2005

Simple Fun and Fancy Fur Scarf (Knit or Crochet)

My MIL really loves the red Fun Fur Scarf I made for her. She asked me to make a purple scarf for her best friend, and I thought I'd make it a bit different. I thought a pull through thinner scarf would be pretty -- with the option to either look casual or a little bit dressy.

Here is the finished result.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Just pulled through at the bottom, the scarf has a nice, loose casual look.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Double wrapped around the neck and then pulled through gives a dressier look, and also a warmer look for cooler weather.

My 15-year old son was the model -- I had to promise to cut his face out of the photos for him to agree to model a purple fuzzy scarf. lol. :)

**If you like my blog and patterns, please vote for me on the Crochet and Hook list. Vote by clicking the blue box towards the top in the left margin of my blog. Thank you so much!! Let me know what you think of my patterns -- just click the email link (also in the left hand margin).**

Here is the pattern:

(Disclaimer: This pattern is provided for your personal use and enjoyment only. All patterns on this site are copywrited by Juli Wyant. Please do not post this pattern to other websites, or copy with intent to sell. You are welcome to post links to this page. Any errors or questions about the pattern can be sent to me at juliwyant@bellsouth.net )

KNIT VERSION

Supplies:

1 skein Fun Fur, or other fur yarn
sz 11 knitting needles
Crochet hook for working in ends after binding off

Cast on 12 stitches

Row 1: Knit across (repeat row 1 for approximately six inches)

Row 2: Knit 3 stitches, bind off six stitches, knit last 3 stitches

Row 3: Knit 3 stitches, cast on six stitches, knit last 3 stitches

(Rows 2 and 3 will create a hole for pulling through the other end of the scarf)

Row 4: Repeat row 1 until scarf reaches desired length. Bind Off and weave in ends.


CROCHET VERSION:

Supplies:

1 skein Fun Fur
Size J crochet hook


Ch 13

Row 1: HDC into 2nd ch from hook and HDC across, ch 1, turn (ch 1 counts as first HDC on subsequent rows)

Repeat row one until scarf measures approx six inches

Row 2: ch 1 counts as first HDC, HDC in next 2 stitches, ch 6, sk next 6 HDC, HDC in last 3 HDC, ch 1, turn

Row 3: ch 1 counts as first HDC, HDC across to end of row, ch 1, turn

Repeat row 3 until scarf is desired length. Finish Off and weave in ends.