Sunday, March 20, 2005

WIPs

This week was not a good one for crochet time. First my husband and I both got sick. Then a day later, both the kids got sick. And my mother is flying out to see us on Monday, so now I'm rushing around wildly trying to get the house ready.

Ever had a week where you feel like Job?? Almost everything that could go wrong did go wrong. We got back last Sunday from a trip out of town -- and the hotel double billed our bank account for the room charges, which of course overdrafted our bank account by nearly $200. Got that taken care of (the hotel cancelled the extra charges and will be paying all the bank fees for their mistake) -- then everyone in the household gets sick. I had the house completely clean and ready for my mom to visit -- now 4 days later, it looks like a demilitarized zone. lol. And this morning, the ignitor button for our gas logs broke. Luckily we are expecting nice spring weather, so we won't really need the fireplace. And the puppy chewed through the power cord for the lamp in the livingroom.

I have to sit back and laugh about things.....what an awful week. It ought to make us all really appreciate it even more when things go well.

It goes without saying that I really didn't get any of my crochet Works-in-Progress completed this week. I do have a couple WIPs that I can show though:



I'm making a poncho and headband set for my 7 month old niece. I'm glad to have baby Joshua here at home because I can try it on him. If it fits him, it will fit Bethany. My teenager informed me that as soon as I sew the flower on the poncho that Joshua can't model it anymore. lol. :o) I am also planning to make ponchos for my other two nieces who are 2 and 3, and for a friend's daughter who is 7. I bought 3 skeins of pink yarn and I have some confetti Tiki on hand for the older girl's poncho. I'm going to make hers pink with the Tiki as an accent -- I think she'll really like it.

I wanted to get all of them done by Easter. I don't think I'm going to make it -- this horrible week had really bad timing. :o)) I will have to give them their Easter presents a bit late.

The other project is a pair of socks I've been working on. I'm about half way through the first sock. I'm using the Bernat Sox yarn I got from Herrschner's. I really like the yarn so far -- it's so soft and easy to work with.

My mother's flight lands in Charlotte tomorrow night at 8 p.m. Hopefully, I can have all the bed linens washed, the regular laundry done, the house at least mostly clean and things back to normal by the time she gets here.

TTFN!!
Juli