Thursday, May 12, 2005

What I've Been Up To

I'm sorry for not updating my blog in so long. March and April were bad months for us. The baby got sick and it took him a very long time to get better. He had a virus first, and then multiple ear infections. And then I got sick. Finally, after weeks and weeks, we are all better and things are getting back to normal. :)

One thing about it, on the "I'm sick'' diet, I lost about 30 pounds. But I wouldn't recommend it. lol.

I am learning how to knit, and just love it! The local community college has a knitting class, so I signed up for the spring session. I've wanted to learn how to knit for years and never had the time. So far, I'm just making dishcloths and I just started a scarf. I want to get to know the different variations of the stitches before I try a larger project.

Here's a picture of some of the things I've made so far:



I haven't branched out much because I'm still trying to build up my collection of knitting needles. It seems like every pattern I find uses a size or type that I don't have. Straights, circulars, double points....and different sizes and lengths of all 3...lol. It seems like everytime I find a really cute pattern, it calls for several different sizes of needles that I don't have yet. Walmart here doesn't carry much except the most popular sizes like 10 1/2 circulars and the larger straights for making scarfs, and no double points at all. And I have to drive 30 miles to the closest LYS if I want to buy any other sizes or types. I love the LYS....don't get me wrong...but it's hard for me to get in and out of there without spending too much money. :)

The baby is trying his best to learn to walk. He can stand up without holding onto anything for awhile now, but when he realizes he's standing by himself, he sits down. If you hold his hands, he will move his feet like he's walking, but it's on his tiptoes. He's only 10 months old though, so he can take his time deciding when it's the right time for him to start walking.

They start growing up so fast! I feel like I just brought him home from the hospital yesterday -- and in July he'll be a year old already! Amazing how the time flies! I'm still in shock that my oldest son is a freshman in high school. I remember taking him to his first day of kindergarten -- that was only 9 years ago. Eeeeeek!! 3 more years and he will be graduating from high school. Two years ago my husband and I were saying "Hey it's only a couple more years and all the kids will be gone'' -- we jinxed ourselves. ha ha. It wasn't even a month after that when we discovered that baby Joshua was on the way. And now we're seriously considering having one more baby to give Joshua someone to play with (or beat up or blame things on, whichever way you look at it...lol) Now we're saying, hey in about 20 years, we'll have the house to ourselves. LOL.

I will be back to doing regular updates now. Thanks to everyone who emailed me to see if I was ok. Doing much better now!!

Hugs!!! Juli