Monday, June 20, 2005

WooHoo!!

Great mail day today! I got a wonderful RAOK package from my friend Karla. Karla sent me a nice note, several pairs of knitting needles, a cute J shaped notepad, a skein of Foxy yarn in a pretty purple color, and a dishcloth. Here's a picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also received a envelope with knitting patterns and needles from Donna, a member at Crochetville. We're trading pattern books. She sent me 3 knitting pattern books and 2 pairs of 16" circular knitting needles, and I'm sending her several of my crochet pattern books in return. :) I just love the books she sent me!!

Now that I have 16" circular needles, I can make the Booga Bag that I've been saving my Noro wool to make. I have knitting class tomorrow morning, and I plan to have the rectangle bottom of the bag done so that I can pick up stitches and begin knitting around at class tomorrow. :) It will be my first felting project.

My Fun Fur scarf had to be started over again. No...I didn't mess up. The baby found it and thought it looked fun to play with. By the time I noticed he had my knitting, he had pulled it off the needle and was attempting to eat it. Ever tried to completely unravel a Fun Fur project?? If you can avoid it, by all means do. I managed to unravel most of it except for a bit at the very end. So I just cut that off and made a cat toy for our cats. I have restarted the scarf and am about 7 inches into it, so it's going back together relatively fast.

I saw this cute quiz on Karla's Blog and just had to try it:

WHAT SORT OF YARN ARE YOU???

You are Shetland Wool.
You are Shetland Wool.You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a
little on the harsh side. Though you look
delicate you are tough as nails and prone to
intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are
widely respected and even revered.

> What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla