Saturday, July 16, 2005

I'm so wild about Harry....

Ok, I have to admit it. I'm one of lots and lots of people who have pre-ordered the new Harry Potter book. At least I can say I wasn't one who waited in line at a bookstore, and I didn't go to a midnight pre-release party. I used Amazon.com, got the book a bit cheaper, and I have to wait for a week or so to get it. But that's ok -- I'm re-reading Order of the Phoenix so that I'll be refreshed to continue on with the new book.

What's the attraction?? I like reading something that isn't serious, but still an interesting imaginative story. It's relaxing. And who reads 5 books of a series and doesn't buy the 6th book? LOL. I gotta find out what happens -- along with several million other people it sounds like.

I think I will knit one of the scarves. Why not?? Gotta love the look! They remind me of Dr. Who's (Tom Baker's Dr anyway) scarf -- if you look under "Fun Stuff'' I have a link to a group "Fans of the Scarf.'' :) To be a really good English fringe fantasy character, I guess you have to have a very long striped scarf.

Here's rhe two patterns that I found:

Hogwart's Scarf patterns:

http://knit.atypically.net/scarves/hogwarts/pattern.shtml

Atypically knit also has other Harry Potter patterns for sale, including one for Hermoine's cable and bobble hat and mittens from the movie Prisoner of Azkaban. Very cute!

Or if you prefer, here is Lion Brand's rendition of the scarves:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kwe-wizardScarf.html


TTFN!