Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Booga booga!

Knitting class this morning was great! The shorter circulars solved the problems I was having with picking up stitches to go from knitting flat to knitting in the round. So, my Booga Bag project is coming along nicely now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This will be my first felting project. I'm using Noro Kureyon in Color 40. It makes the prettiest stripe pattern in blue, purple, teal and green, with just a touch of a pretty rust brown in places. I'm really curious how it's going to come out so I'm trying to work it up fast.

I really love Noro Kureyon! I got the four skeins I'm using for the purse in a trade. I will definitely be getting more in the future. The local LYS doesn't carry Noro, so I will have to find a site online to order some. Anybody know a good site??

I'm still working on The Eternal Project -- that silly Fun Fur scarf. Ever had a small project that just seems to linger on and on and on and on....... I had it half way finished and the baby pulled it off the needle. I had to unravel it and start over. And it seems everytime I find a moment to work on it, the phone rings or something happens and I never seem to get anywhere. But I really don't have to have it finished until August. I'm going to stay up tonight after the baby goes to bed and work on it. I just want to get it done and out of my hair. lol. I'm having nightmares about being attacked by Red Fun Fur. lol.

I'm still working on a polka dot purse that uses intarsia color changes. I have one side done and half the bottom. That's another UFO that I need to finish. A gal at knitting class asked me about it today. I will have to do some work on it so I can bring it to class when it's finished to show her.

I'm going to take the Booga Bag in progress to Bible study tonight since it's just mindless knit stitch in a circle and see if I can't get at least the body of the bag finished. Then tonight and tomorrow I will try to work on the scarf and the other purse. I also have a Homespun scarf in dark green to finish up.

Gotta get some stuff finished so I can start to work on new things!!