Friday, March 10, 2006

Work, Work, Work

Well, I just haven't had much time to knit or crochet lately. Since the weather has warmed up here in NC, I've been busy out in the yard. Lots to do!

So far, we've really gotten a lot done, but we're nowhere near finished yet. The yard is basically in that "in progress'' messy state. We bought the house last year in February, and knew we wanted to make changes to the yard. But with unpacking and all the business of moving, closing on a house, unpacking, etc....we never got any of it done. So, it feels great to finally get our "to do'' list out and get to work!

I yanked out the wooden border I didn't like:




I yanked out the bushes I didn't like:



That picture is of the pile just after I'd gotten started.....it's grown much bigger since then. lol.

And, then my son yanked out more bushes I didn't like:



These bushes had red berries on them that really are pretty -- but I wanted to make sure the baby wouldn't be tempted to eat them. I'd rather be safe than sorry -- so I had Mikey chop them down. I'm going to put Elephant Ears in the spot instead.

We made a tribute to the Blair Witch Project as well. lol.



So tomorrow morning......it's all going down to the curb for the city to pick up. And, I'm planting new stuff! :) That's the fun part! :)

We haven't been all work and no play though. We bought Joshua a sand pile, and he's been having a great time! :)



Baby Josh has been having a great time playing outside. It wears him out though. He has to come inside a couple times a day to get his daily fix of The Wiggles.



The kitty cat keeping him company is our neighbor's cat who doesn't seem to realize where she lives. lol. She comes over to our house all the time and just makes herself at home. Obviously. :)

This weekend my husband is working on a room addition to the house, and I'm going to be doing more work out in the yard.

One good thing about it....all the work outside is really keeping me on my diet! And the exercise is really good for me!! :)

TTFN!