Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Christmas Survey

I'm taking a break from sweater knitting to blog this morning. My fingers are tired! :) So here's a holiday survey!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both! I have eggnog flavored coffee creamer this year too...mmmmmmm. :)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Presents are wrapped! Gotta have that suspense!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored! Although I do like the look of all blue lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. We have a toddler and cats....and I read that mistletoe is poisonous. Hubby and I need no excuse to snog. ha ha.
5. When do you put your decorations up? My son and I always put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving....but we were way late this year. Didn't put it up until last week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I really don't have a favorite. Christmas for us really isn't food oriented like Thanksgiving. We're going to the local Chinese restaurant for Christmas dinner this year.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Memories of sharing the holiday with my family, before they all started disliking each other. Now my older siblings don't even speak to each other. Gee, they're wierd. Now I live 1,200 miles away from the feuding, and celebrate Christmas with my husband's family.
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I learned about Santa after I got in a fight with another kid on the playground in 1st grade over whether he existed or not. After I made the kid eat dirt for saying there was no santa claus.....my mother told me the truth. GRRR. I had to go back the next day and apologize. Boy was I mad! :)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we open one gift on Christmas Eve. This year I let my teenager have his early present especially early. I figured he and his friends would enjoy playing the video game I got him, rather than making him wait several more days to get it.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ecclectic. I have some ornaments that my family used when I was a child, some my son made at school, some handcrafted ones from friends, some crocheted fans made by hubby's grandmother, some I've bought over the years and some I've made. Hodgepodge!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow....but now I live in the south. One flake and everyone freaks out. They don't know how to drive when it snows. So....when it snows, I stay home and enjoy it. No sense braving idiot drivers to go anywhere.
12. Can you ice skate? No, I'd kill myself if I tried. lol.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was 6 I got a red wagon,a big container of lincoln logs, and an inch-worm I could ride on for Christmas.....that was the best Christmas for me. :)
14. What's your favorite thing(s) about the holidays? I absolutely love to get surprises for my family. I really work hard to get special things for everyone. Then I have such a hard time waiting until Christmas day to let them have them!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Peppermint ice cream!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting up the Christmas tree.
17. What tops your tree? Nothing this year. I need to replace our angel.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I'm going to be honest and say BOTH! I'd be lying if I said I don't like to get presents. :)
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? White Christmas by Bing Crosby and Silent Night in Gaelic by Enya.
20. What is your favorite holiday book? A Christmas Carol by Dickens.
21. Candy canes yuck or yum? They're ok....not yuck, but not yum either.
22. What's number one on your Christmas list this year? A sewing machine. I'm getting a rainchceck from hubby, but he will get me one soon!