Friday, December 22, 2006

January Colorswap Survey

I joined a new colorswap exchange this month! Ranee is my partner, and I'm having fun planning her January Box. For January, we are swapping metallic/sparkly yarns! :) Bling, Bling!

Here's my survey for the exchange:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I love to work with natural fibers (wool, mohair, etc), but I also use a lot of acrylic and cotton. I'm not really a yarn snob.....I prefer nicer yarns, but I don't have to use high end yarns. And I have a mix of both natural, acrylic, and blends in my yarn stash.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I would love to learn how to spin, but it's not something I can teach myself (like I did with knitting and crochet), and I haven't had time to take a class yet. I do crochet. I crocheted for 15 years before I learned how to knit.

3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love to paint metal miniatures, although I've been hard pressed to find the time for it lately.

4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Worsted wools like Cascade or Lamb's Pride are great. Fuzzy mohair yarns with a bit of sparkle like Trendsetter Dune. And lace weight wool blends in pretty colors. :) Boucles and cotton worsted are wonderful too. :)

5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Plasticy overly-bulky acrylics like the Pop'n yarn walmart used to sell -- just too rough and stiff to knit with! Boa or eyelash yarn isn't my favorite, but I don't hate it. And I have scads of Fun Fur in my stash with no idea what to do with it....so don't really care for Furry yarns either. ;)

6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I want to get into lace knitting SO bad....I have patterns and the yarn......just need to get some unfinished projects done so I can start some new ones!

7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves, socks, kitchen stuff like dishcloths and potholders. And, after I've lost weight, I want to start making myself sweaters!! :)

8. What are you knitting right now? A cable aran sweater vest for my MIL. A scarf for myself using a strand of purple Cascade along with a strand of purple/olive varigated Trendsetter Dune. Just love it so far! :)

9. Are you a sock knitter? Yes! I adore sock yarn!!! But I can't stand 100% acrylic sock yarn....it's just too hot on my feet. I prefer blends, or wool sock yarn. :)

10. What's your favorite color? I like jewel tones, or autumn colors, especially ocean or teal blue. Also love purple. :O) The only color I don't like is light pink. Fuschia is great though.

11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, there is a link to my Amazon list in the left hand margin of my blog.

12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) My teenage son and I are VERY allergic to cigarette smoke. It makes us ill. Please, if you smoke, air out the yarn or spray with Febreeze and put it in plastic bags before shipping. Thanks! :)

13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions? I don't have any restrictions/requests. But, please NO Jehovah's Witness or Mormon pamphlets. Other than that, no worries.

14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Patchouli or Cinnamon. :) Please no floral scents. They make me sneeze and give me a headache. Lavendar is ok though .... that one doesn't bother me. Strange, eh?

15. Do you burn candles? Yes! All the time! And we use incense, too.

16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth? I am on a strict diet, so please no snacky foods or candy. I do allow myself a cup of cocoa in the evenings, or flavored coffee though.

17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa? Yes, I do. :)

18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married. 1 husband (ha ha), 2 sons...one is 16 and the other is 2 years old. We have one dog...a pomeranian/Jack Russell Mix named Buddy. And 5 cats -- Fooful, Frenchie, Grover, Elmo and Kato.

19. What are some of your favorite things? I love yarn, knitting patterns and anything crafty. :) I enjoy reading and have lots of books. I also enjoy board and card games. And I love talking/socializing with friends.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Interesting glass items, farm animal magnets and items for my kitchen. Hello Kitty stuff.

21. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween (fall/harvest) are my favorite holidays. I enjoy decorating and having friends over for both!

I'm sending to Ranee in the exchange, and I'm receiving from Karla! This is going to be fun gals!!

TTFN