Saturday, November 25, 2006

Scrap Afghan

I've had a scrap afghan sitting around in a big plastic bag for more than 4 years. It's one of my oldest UFO projects. The pattern is pretty, but I got tired of weaving in all the ends. Then I made a 1200 mile move, got remarried, had a baby -- you get the picture. :)

Last week, I spent 2 days moving my yarn stash, craft books and all of my craft supplies from a back bedroom that was my craft room for 2-years to our front room. And I made the former craft room into a bedroom for our 2-year old. It was time for him to have a "big boy'' bedroom of his own. That accomplished, I got a good up close and personal look at my yarn stash, and all of my unfinished work. The afghan really caught my eye. So, yesterday I pulled it out, gathered up all of my scrap yarn into a big plastic storage container, and warmed up my crochet hook. :)



I've added 11 new rows. Still a long way to go until it's finished up, but the pattern is super easy and I like how it looks. Here's a close up of the pattern:



I found the pattern online several years ago. It's a great way to use up odds and ends of scrap yarn. I'm glad to report that the pattern is still available for anyone who is interested:

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/scrofbea.html

TTFN!!!!