Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Virtual Vacation!!

Sometimes a knitter just needs to get away from it all.....and now there's a swap to help you do that! Sharon is hosting a Virtual Vacation Swap, and of course, I couldn't resist!! :)

Here's my survey:

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? Florida...I would like to go to Disney World. We're waiting for our youngest son to be old enough before we make the trip.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
Germany. That's where my family is originally from.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? I've driven from the midwest to the east coast. Longggg drive, but interesting.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Torremolinos, Spain. It was gorgeous! Tangiers, Morocco too -- the Rock of Gibraltar was really awesome! Our boat went right past it. :)

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? Going to the Ozarks with my family when I was a kid. It was a great trip. :)

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
I moved from Kansas to NC in 2003. There are lots of "touristy'' things in NC (like gold panning) that I haven't done yet....but when our toddler is old enough for little outings like that, I plan to do it all! :)

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? All 3!! As well as Antique shopper and thriftstore rummager!

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? fingering/sock/sport weight -- I love to make lace scarves.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Plastic-y thick cheap rough acrylics like Popn'yarn. After knitting with it for awhile, it starts to hurt my hands. I don't have trouble with softer regular WW acrylics though.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Scarves, handbags, dishcloths

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? I pack a knitting tote with a couple projects, a notebook and pen, scissors, measuring tape, needles, pattern, yarn, etc.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I also embroider and am teaching myself cross stitch and needle tatting. I also paint metal miniatures.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) I am a diabetic. So please no candy or sweets. Although I do allow myself 1 cup of flavored coffee or cocoa each day -- my one splurge. :) And I am highly allergic to cigarette smoke.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? My favorite colors are blue and green. And I also like Jewel tones, or autumn shades. My least favorite color is light pink -- I really detest pink. lol. :)


15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? I like either one. On the sugary end of things, I have to have "sugar free'' candies because of diabetes. But I can have flavored coffee or cocoa. On the savory end of things, I try to avoid too much fat.....but I do love salted nuts.