Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Cool weather!

Finally we are getting some fall-like weather here in my neck of the NC woods. :) The baby is enjoying being able to play outdoors more, and I'm getting yardwork done.

I have been working on knitting dishcloths the last couple of days. Here's a NC one:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The dark yarn makes it hard to see the design. It's has the state outline of NC with the initials N.C. at the bottom. There is a website that has dishcloth patterns for all 50 states and all the Canadian provinces, plus animals, holidays, etc. You can find the state patterns here. The other patterns are on the main index here.

I've also been making stitch markers for an exchange at C'ville. Here's the ones I have made so far:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With the evening temperatures getting cooler, lately we have been seeing a lot of guests hanging around outside. We took a picture of one of them:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am not really a fan of spiders, but I think garden spiders are pretty. Plus, I'm sure it ate quite a few bugs while it was living right outside our screened in porch. Every morning we went out to see how the spider was. But this morning, the spider was gone. It appears that it's web got damaged overnight. I suppose it moved elsewhere in the yard. It was pretty to watch while it was there. I don't mind them when they're outside...and garden spiders are big, but harmless. But.....spiders in the HOUSE. Oh eeeeek! Now that I don't like! :)

TTFN!!!