Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Cables, Cables, Cables

I made some great progress on the knitted cable vest I'm working on. I have the left and right front pieces completed up to the first decrease rows for the armhole and neck. Whew. So far, so good.

I have definitely improved my tinking skills. lol. :)

Here's what I have done so far:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I wanted to get both front pieces done so I could decrease them at the same time, to make sure I do them both the same way. This is the first time I've had to decrease in pattern like this....so I'm sure my tinking skills will be honed even more before I'm all done. This is the first sweater I've knitted....so I'm just glad to have gotten it this far and have it on gauge without any major huge mistakes.

I have knitting class tonight, but after working to get the right front done, I think I'm going to work on dishcloths in class tonight. I get tired of working on the same thing after awhile. I need a break, or I'll start dreaming of knitting right twists and front cables in my sleep. :)

I'll start on decreases tomorrow if I have time. I'm going to try to have the vest done by Thanksgiving for my MIL, but I'm not going to burn myself out on it by trying to go too fast. She'll definitely have it by Christmas, if not by Turkey Day.

TTFN!!!