Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's decrease time!

Still working on the cabled sweater vest......it's time to start decreases for the neck and armhole. Eeek! This first sweater project is a bit intimidating, but I'm remaining calm since I know that once I've done it once, it won't be so hard the 2nd time. I still have a couple rows to knit before it's time to start decreases, and I have a very knowledgeable advanced knitter in the wings helping me out....so I'll be ready when that puppy is ready to start shaping up.

I will take a new picture when I hit that magic 17". The cables are much easier for me now since I've done the pattern repeat about 16 times now. So far, so good!

I did have to tink out a few rows a couple days ago. I was knitting along while watching television and I guess the show was more exciting than I thought. I noticed a boo-boo about 10 rows down (unfortunately) -- a front twist where it should have been a back twist. So it was remove the needle and rip back time. ARGH! Once I got the needle back in, it took me a bit to realize what row I was on, but I finally figured it out and got started again.

This project is definitely an adventure for me.....I'm certainly learning a lot as I go along! :)

Took a cute quiz about what kind of knitter I am....I think I got the right result.

TTFN!



Knitting Adventurer
You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer.You are through those knitting growing pains and
feeling more adventurous. You can follow a
standard pattern if it's not too complicated
and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've
started to experiment with different fibers and
you might be eyeing a book with a cool
technique you've never tried. Perhaps you
prefer to stick to other people's patterns but
you are trying to challenge yourself more.
Regardless of your preference, you are
continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as
well you should since your non-knitting friends
are probably dropping some serious hints, these
days.http://marniemaclean.com/

What Kind of Knitter Are You?
brought to you by