Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

The time change has my inner clock all messed up as usual. I'm up at the wrong time, and tired at the wrong time. Sigh. Hopefully in a few days, I will be switched over so I'm not wanting to go to bed at 9 p.m. and waking up at 4 a.m. But now that I'm up, I can get a bit of knitting done, I suppose. So the time change isn't all bad. :)

It's officially Halloween. I've been telling our Black Cat, Grover, jokingly that today is his day. I gave him extra scritches behind his ears this morning and told him he was supposed to be scary. But all he wanted was to curl up on my lap. :)

Grover found a new friend last night.......

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...but none of us have the heart to tell him that his friend is a kitty cat slipper. He loves to sleep next to one of my slippers. I guess maybe he's using it as a mama cat replacement, or it's just something fuzzy to curl up next to. Silly kitty! As you can see......he's not exactly Halloween cat material. He's a lover, not a fighter. Whuss cat. :) With a name like Grover you can't exactly be creepy or frightening.

On the craft side of things, I'd like to send a big thank you to my Knitting Pal!! Detra sent me a wonderful package!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She sent me a beautiful autumn kitchen set, a pair of Halloween socks (which I'm wearing today of course), some reduced fat microwave popcorn, and some wonderful Egg Nog Creme coffee!!!! How did you know I had just run out of flavored coffee???? And you're right Detra --- the egg nog flavor is great!!! You will have to let me know where you ordered it from. MMMMMMM! Wonderful!

I also got a reveal package from my C'ville Secret Pal!! She sent me a wonderful box of goodies, including a small felted purse that is just adorable!!! Thank you!!! Here's a picture of all my goodies from my SP! Thank you for all the packages and ecards over the last 3 months -- it's been fun!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, since I'm up early and the house is quiet, I will post this and work on a sweater I'm knitting. :) Nothing like knitting at 4 a.m. lol.

TTFN!!