Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's August -- the UFO Challenge continues

Well, Shoot! I feel like I accomplished nothing in July on my WIP list. Sigh. I think I will be on this yarn diet forever! Since it's the beginning of the month, I'll re-cap my list.

I got a couple things done this month.....but found a couple more projects hiding back in my craft room. Grrrr. I'm going to work hard this month to cross some projects off this list so that I can get started on some socks I want to knit!! The projects listed in orange are the ones I'm working on right now.

Here's the updated UFO list:

Cable sweater vest - started months ago. Two fronts done. Back and finishing left to complete. I am now finishing up the back section, and have the last bit of shaping to do, plus assembly. But I'm making great progress! :) Wahoo! :)

Ankle Socks - one orphan sock has been waiting for his mate for awhile. Most of the cuff is now done, so about 1/3 of the way done with the 2nd sock. The pattern is a simple cuff sock from the Bernat website, so it won't take long to finish up.

Branching Out scarf from Knitty -- this is my first lace project. I started over again using different yarn. I was knitting it using a pretty mohair, but the yarn was just too fuzzy and I didn't like how it looked. So using DK Soft as Silk now. Much better! It's on the needles and I have worked on it, but it's on hold right now while I work on the cabled sweater.

Sequin applique/embroidered Christmas tree skirt -- about half done. Started in 1999 and packed up for a move. Never unpacked. lol. No work on this yet.

Kitten latchhook kit - started 1999. About 1/2 done. Packed up for a move -- never got unpacked. I've done about six rows on this since June....it's hard to work on when the baby is awake. He wants to make off with my rug yarn. :)

Scraps of Beauty crocheted afghan -- started 3 years ago. No patience to work on this yet. I have to drag out a huge plastic container of scrap yarn to get started. This will probably be the last UFO project I work on. With color changes every two rows, it takes a lot of end weaving! But very pretty pattern. About 1/3 finished. Will look great on the couch when it's done!

Kitchen, Bookmark, SP, Accessories swap for C'ville- Sent and received.

12" square swap - all of my squares are sent. Just waiting to receive mine.

SP8, ColorSwap, Favorite Color Swap, fall purse swap - Ongoing. SP8 nearly finished up. Others just starting. :)

Baby scrapbook - scrapbook stuff bought, and pictures/baby stuff in box marked "scrapbook''. That's as far as I got. LOL. Gotta get this done before joshua is 27. No work on this yet.

Knitted scarf - in LB wool from Scarf Style pattern book. No work on this yet.

Scarf using Yarn Bee yarn -- I love this yarn! I had forgotten that I started this scarf. Found it lurking back in the craft room. So I've added it to my UFO list. Very easy knit project....just garter stitch. Easily finished, but I want to finish the cable sweater first.