Saturday, February 03, 2007

SP10 Survey

I thought I'd get this posted now so I don't accidentally forget to put it up before the end of the month. I had a BLAST with SP9....I'm looking forward to the new exchange!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love to work with wool, fnatural fibers, fingering and lace weight wool/wool blends/acrylic blends, etc. I love soft yarns. :) I really don't care for fur novelty yarns. I do use acrylic for some things, but I don't care for the really plastic-y scratchy feeling acrylics.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I keep my needles in a big brass vase. I have too many for a normal needle holder.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I crocheted for 16 years before I learned to knit about 2 years ago. I took a class at the local college. :) I'd consider myself an intermediate to advanced knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, there is a link to it on my blog.

5. What's your favorite scent? I like spicy scents like patchouli or cinnamon. I don't care for strong floral scents. They give me a headache.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I can't have candy. But I do like cocoa. It's my chocolate fix a couple times a week. :)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Paper crafts, ATC's, some scrapbooking, and I like to use stickers and embellishments on my letters. I don't spin -- I just don't have the time to learn. But I do like handspun yarns.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to an ecclectic mix -- celtic/Irish, folk music, 60's/70's classic rock, Alternative, some new wave. I don't like rap/hip hop, or country music.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love jewel tones and autumn shades. I don't care for pastels, especially light pink.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have 2 sons, ages 16 and 2 1/2. We have five cats and 1 little dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Big NO to ponchos. lol. But I do love scarves! And I wear hats and mittens/gloves.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves, socks, dishcloths, ornaments and bookmarks.

13. What are you knitting right now? A scarf, and several dishcloths.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YES!!! I love handmade gifts!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use every sort of needles. :) They all have their uses!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I don't. Wish I did! Someday I will. :)

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Recently I finished a cable and twist sweater vest that had been on the needles for a YEAR....lol. But since I got that done, my oldest UFO is about 2 months old. :)

18. What is your favorite holiday? I'll just lump them all together. Fall./Winter Holiday Season. :) Halloween through New Years. :) I start decorating the house in October and it's festive around here until January. :)

19. Is there anything that you collect? Glass beads, buttons and interesting glass pieces like animals, paperweights, candle holders, decorative items, bottles, art, etc. :)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Knitted purse patterns, interesting scarves, kitchen patterns (I LOVE to make dishcloths and potholders), knitted bookmark patterns, and Christmas ornament patterns. Next year I want all the decorations on our tree to be handmade, so I have a lot of work to do before December. ha ha :)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I want to learn to do lace -- scarves, shawls, etc., and to read charts better.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I love to work with sock yarn!! If my partner wants to make me socks, I can provide the measurements. ;)

23. When is your birthday? July 11th.