Saturday, January 20, 2007

Calling all Crafters!!

I love to read and I love to craft! Last year I started an exchange group to put those two hobbies together! The Great Bookmark Exchange!

And, we've had a great time swapping paperback books and handmade bookmarks for several months now!

After a short hiatus for the holidays, the group is once again gearing up for swapping! We'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have some new members! This is an international group -- we have members from the US, Canada, UK and Australia so far!

Each swap requires you to send to one partner. Each package needs to contain a minimum of one handmade bookmark (any craft -- knitting, crocheting, paper crafts, plastic canvas.....anything at all!) and one paperback book. Extra goodies are optional -- just message your partner and work out a swap that makes both of you happy. :)

Check out our swap blog at: www.makinbookmarks.blogspot.com

To join us, just email me (click on the "email me'' button in the lefthand margin), and let me know you're interested. I'll email you the information you need to join the swap!!

Postage costs are relatively low since paperback books don't cost much -- and used paperbacks are perfectly fine (gently used -- please don't send any books that are mucky or falling apart. Send things you would like to receive from someone else). So, it isn't an expensive swap -- it's just a lot of fun!!!

I've received books from authors that are new to me, not to mention all the really cool bookmarks!!! I have really enjoyed my swaps with this group!!!

Swaps on the Great Bookmark Exchange are ongoing -- meaning that when you finish up one swap, you can request a new partner right away, or when you are ready for another swap. :) All you have to do is message me and I'll match you up with another swapper who is ready for another exchange. :)

TTFN! Juli