Monday, November 21, 2005

Postcrossings!

If you like receiving postcards, you need to check out www.postcrossing.com

Postcrossing is a postcard site that has thousands of members from all over the world. You send out postcards and receive from others around the world. Plus, the site makes sure that everyone sends and receives -- so you won't have to worry about sending out cards and never receiving any. I really enjoy it!!

I've received postcards from Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Brazil, Portugal, and 2 from the Netherlands.

Here's a photo of some of them:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thanks to Karla for telling me about Postcrossing. It's really neat to see all the different cards and stamps!! She also has some neat postcard photos on her blog! Go check it out!!

Paula, who sent me a postcard from Portugal, is a knitter and crafter!!! She sent me her blog URL. http://www.gatodependente.blogspot.com The site is in Portuguese, but take time to go look at her doll pictures! They are adorable!! She's very talented!! :) Take time to leave her a comment....I'm sure she'd love to hear from you!

On the homefront, we're trying to iron out Thanksgiving plans still. This year we're having a quiet dinner with just our kids and some friends who are honorary family members on Thursday, and on Saturday we're having another dinner with very close friends from our church. As the teenagers (we have 3, ages 19, 16 and 15) get older, I find that planning holiday meals gets more complicated. But in the end, we have a great day of family time, so the extra work is worth it. This year, my son is bringing his girlfriend.....that's a first. Gee, it seems like yesterday that I was taking him to his first day of school. And now, he's in high school and bringing his girlfriend over for holiday meals. Kinda cool, actually! I'm glad he's growing up. But, it does seem strange. I don't feel old enough to have a son who is a sophomore in high school. I guess that must be because I have one son in high school....and the other son is still drinking from a sippy cup and wearing diapers. :)

Well, I have some housework to get done, and then I'm going to get in some good knitting time this afternoon. I've earned some relaxation!! :)

TTFN!!